Know someone who loves to sail, or someone who is keen to get involved?
Why not come along and join us for Southampton Sailing Week! With a busy week full of activities on and off the water, join us and learn how to sail, watch the ‘Nip to the Nab’ or dance along in the Carnival Parade on the final day of Southampton Sailing Week!
So where should you head to watch all the activities and races of Southampton Sailing Week?
- Watch all the action of the Keel Boat Racing from a spectator boat!
- If you’re a first timer, why not head down to SWAC and learn the ropes of sailing?
- Or if you’re an adrenaline junkie, rent a jet ski from our friends at SWAC, or for those who prefer the calm and tranquil setting of the sea, take to a paddle board and follow the coastline.
- Head down to the Itchen bridge, Mayflower park, or Ocean village to observe the inaugural Parade of Sail that is taking place on Saturday 27th May. Bring your kids along to watch the thousands of yachts, motor boats and dinghies as they take to Southampton waters!
- Fancy observing the fun, fast dingy races? Take a trip down to SWAC/Weston Village where you can grab a pint and cheer on your favourite!
- Why not take a day trip and hop aboard a spectator boat with your friends and family, and enjoy the competitive ‘Nip to the Nab’ race! Take a picnic and your camera, enjoy the racing!
- You aren’t going to want to miss the Carnival Parade taking place on bank holiday Monday! Come and watch as thousands join the procession heading from Ocean Village through Southampton and back to the water edge! With the carnival taking to the city streets, you will be able to spot this anywhere, so come along and enjoy the festivities!